High Quality Mexican Gourmet Preserves
- 20 raw shrimp (shelled )
- 200 g flour
- 3 cups ( 230 g ) fresh ground coconut
- 1 cup bread crumbs preferably granulated
- 4 eggs
- Malibu coconut liqueur
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 8 cups ( 2 liters) of oil for frying
- Mashed potatoes cooked to order
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 basil leaves cut into ¨chiffonada¨*
- 3 leaves of lettuce
- 2 slices of kiwi
- 5 cubes of 1 cm jicama
- 5 cubes of 1 cm mango
- olive oil
- 4 oz of sauce Sundae
- Clean, devein and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tail.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl, season, add the malibu liqueur and coconut cream. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Mix breadcrumbs with ground coconut.
- Remove the marinated shrimp, beat eggs. Dip shrimp in flour, then beaten egg and finally the grated coconut and bread.
- Place oil in a deep pan and heat the oil. Fry the shrimp until golden brown.
- Add the cut tomato and basil to hot mashed potatoes. Place the mashed potatoes in the center on a plate, put on one side the lettuce leaves , along with mango cubes, thin slices of Jicama and slices of kiwi. Season the ¨salad¨ with oil.
- 9. Place shrimp on mashed potatoes and pour the warm sauce CSB ¨Sundae¨ over the shrimp .
*¨Chiffonada¨ is a Spanish culinary term and process to finely chop large leaves. Need 5-6 basil leaves of various sizes with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on top. Roll in a tight roll and starting at the top cut in fine strips with a very sharp knife.
Mermeladas de La Baja California Sur S. de RL. de C.V.
Manuel Encinas s/n, Colonia El Manglito, La Paz Baja California Sur, México, C.P.23060